Supervisors and managers of technicians are excluded from the class with the exception of any pre-promotion time spent working as a technician within the relevant time period. Human resource supervisors and managers are also excluded. See the “Case Developments” link to the left for the full Opinion and Order as well as the July 17, 2014, Order Certifying Class, entered by Judge Kennelly.
A notice to class members advising of their rights and providing important information will be mailed as well as posted to this site in the coming weeks.
The complaint alleges that Defendant Comcast created and maintained a racially discriminatory environment against employees at the South Side location. Specifically, the Complaint charges that African American employees at the South Side location were subjected to the following discriminatory conditions:
- African American employees were forced to work in a substandard facility.
- African American employees are forced to install infested, defective, and/or used equipment into customers’ homes.
- African American employees are not provided with the necessary tools to diagnose and fix service outages.
- African American employees are not provided with the same training and promotional opportunities as employees at other facilities.
- African American employees are not provided with equal pay or fair evaluations like employees at other locations.
- African American employees were subjected to a hostile work environment because of their race.
The complaint includes allegations that customers serviced by Comcast’s South Side facility located at 721 E. 112th Street, Chicago, IL 60628, receive inferior service as compared to other areas. This substandard service includes installation of defective, used, and/or infested equipment and service outages. Although Comcast customers are not potential class members, we are interested in receiving information and speaking with individuals who received cable service from Comcast’s South Side facility between 2005-present.
If you have ordered new Comcast services in the past 30 days, please
call us at (312) 422-0001 immediately.
If you are interested in consulting with a lawyer about your potential rights against Comcast, please fill out the following form.
Noelle Brennan, Esq.
Noelle Brennan & Associates, Ltd.
20 S. Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
(312) 422-0001 (TEL)
(312) 422-0008 (FAX)